This post may have affiliate links, please check the full disclosure on this post.
There is one thing I would like to emphasize when choosing the best bedding when you are a cat owner: the materials that are best for enduring cat claws are not the same materials you would use for best cat hair resistant bedding.
Which means you have to decide which is more important: protection from your cat’s claws or having a hairless bed.
I will point out some products which will do good for both needs but if your cat is extreme in shedding or scratching then you may have to give priority to one benefit over the other.
The main thing you want to look for is thread count and of course the type of the material the bedding is made of.
Best Cat Hair Resistant Sheets
I must tell you that searching for good, solid bed sheets (that are cat hair proof on top of it) turned out to be a LOT harder than I ever imagined it would be. There are so many choices but once you start reading what people are saying in their reviews almost immediately the products fall off. If I wouldn’t buy it I would also not recommend it.
So, in the end, it came down to these sheets shown below, each was very carefully chosen after reading hundreds of reviews and especially paying attention to their quality and ability to repel cat hair (cat claws were also considered).
What Is The Best Cat Hair Proof Fabric?
You need tightly woven materials which don’t allow cat hair to lodge between the weaves. Here are the best ones:
When you know the fabric is good then all you have to look for is the thread count. But here is a trick that sellers use: everybody knows that higher thread count means higher quality material so the manufacturers artificially increase the number of the thread count. This is the general rule: anything above 300 thread count is most likely false count when it comes to cotton material.
This is done by using multi-ply yarns instead оf single ply yarns which creates false thread count. For example, 600 thread count is achieved by using cheaper 3-ply yarns (3 x 200=600) instead of the good quality single ply yarn. So truly the thread count is 200 for the fabric although it is advertised as 600 thread count fabric.
So a 300 thread count natural cotton fabric is truly the one you need.
The best type of weave for cotton is percale weave: a tight weave which helps your bedding resist cat fur, it lasts longer and gives you a crisp feel.
Mellanni 100% Cotton Bed Sheet Set
Here is a review from a satisfied customer that includes the cat hair resistant ability of these sheets.
This is what you will enjoy if you decide to get these sheets:
- Very comfortable and soft sheets
- Crisp and airy
- Machine washable for easy cat hair removal
- OEKO TEX CERTIFIED – meaning they are free of toxic chemicals
- Deep pocket for fitted sheets – up to 16″
- A lifetime guarantee!
I honestly believe these are the best possible sheets to get if you are a pet owner: they will provide a good, refreshing night sleep and strongly resist your pet’s scratches or fur.
Microfiber Or Microsuede
This is arguable, but in my personal experience, I’ve had great results with microfiber blankets and cat hair so I’ve decided to include this material here.
These are synthetic fabrics that are very tightly woven which makes them cat hair resistant. The best thing about microfiber is that it is also claw resistant (there is no texture for their claws to grab on) which makes it the “golden” material for cat owners to use in their home.
Another great thing about microfiber is that it is very affordable.
I personally have a microfiber blanket over my bed sheet: it feels like heaven, my cat doesn’t scratch it and so far (3 weeks in) no cat hair – in contrast to my keyboard and my sweater, they are full of cat hair.
I love how it has a non-standard print: pink and white hearts and it was cheap!
Bamboo And Microfiber Mix Bed Sheets That Don’t Attract Pet Hair
As expected this mix of 40% Rayon (man made fiber, in this case derived from Bamboo) and 60% brushed microfiber bed sheets do not attract cat hair and are easy to clean. Here is a review that confirms it.
As I am going through the reviews I am finding more and more evidence that these bed sheets are truly excellent for cat owners. Here is another review I would like to emphasize because it describes exactly the abilities of these sheets regarding cat hair.
These are the main benefits you get from Egyptian cotton sheets:
- Egyptian cotton fibers are long, strong and soft and experts consider them to be among the best, if not the very best
- Egyptian cotton fibers produce extra fine threads which can be woven into high thread count material (the higher the thread count the softer the sheets are and they get softer which each wash)
- No piling
- Cost effective – Egyptian cotton sheets are not cheap but they last long so if you factor in the years you’ll be using them in long term they are less expensive than the cheaper sheets. If you add all the other benefits you will easily see how they are worth the investment
Best Sheets For Cat Hair Made of Egyptian Cotton
These are 800 thread count, 100% Egyptian cotton high quality sheets. I really had to dig to find them among the plethora of sheets being offered.
They come in lots of colors so you can choose your favorite one. They also have a sateen weave which makes them smooth and a bit shiny.
On top of all benefits coming from pure Egyptian cotton sheets, these are also with deep pockets, thick, dense, heavy and soft.
Bamboo And Eucalyptus Sheets
Besides being great cat hair resistant fabrics bamboo and eucalyptus are also naturally anti-microbial fabrics which makes them a perfect choice for cat/pet owners.
Cat Hair Proof Sheets Made Of Bamboo
This is all the proof you need to read that these sheets perform great with cat hair.
Here are the major benefits you’ll get from these sheets as described by customers:
- The sheets have a silky texture and it’s a great pleasure to feel them
- They are super soft, comfortable and feel luxurious (cashmere-soft bamboo rayon sheets)
- They fit deep pockets (one customer described they fit her 18″ deep mattress perfectly)
- They keep you warm in winter and cool in summer (this is the main characteristic of a natural bamboo material)
- They are hypoallergenic for those with allergies
- Prevent night sweats
- Made of certified organic, sustainable & pesticide-free bamboo forests
- Best at adapting to your body temperature
- Odor and stain-resistant sheets for cat owners
- The sheets have gone through anti-wear treatment that adds durability and prevents pilling
- They come with a gift pouch (I love this one 🙂 )
Eucalyptus Sheets – Great Cat Hair Resistant Bedding
Eucalyptus is another great fabric cat hair won’t stick to. Here is proof what one customer noticed about cat hair on eucalyptus bed sheets.
Going through the reviews written by people who bought them here are the main characteristics:
- Very soft and the optimal softness is achieved after a few washes
- Light and super comfortable, great for summer
- Smooth like silk
- Cool on the hot nights and warm on the cold
- Perfect sheets for allergies prone people
Something I have also noticed is this:
- They wrinkle after washing and generally wrinkle easily so if you really hate ironing they may not be a good choice for you
Cat Hair Resistant Comforter
I would have suggested linen which is great for cat hair but horrible material for cat claws, so I would not recommend linen fabric for cat owners.
You May Be Interested In These Related Posts:
- Best Cat Hair Resistant Sheets
- What Is The Best Cat Hair Proof Fabric?
- Natural Cotton
- Mellanni 100% Cotton Bed Sheet Set
- Microfiber Or Microsuede
- Bamboo And Microfiber Mix Bed Sheets That Don’t Attract Pet Hair
- Egyptian Cotton
- Best Sheets For Cat Hair Made of Egyptian Cotton
- Bamboo And Eucalyptus Sheets
- Cat Hair Proof Sheets Made Of Bamboo
- Eucalyptus Sheets – Great Cat Hair Resistant Bedding
- Cat Hair Resistant Comforter
- You May Be Interested In These Related Posts: