This post may contain affiliate links for products I recommend, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not change the price you would pay.
There is one thing I would like to emphasize when choosing the best bedding if you have cats: the materials that are best for enduring cat claws are not the same materials you would use for best cat hair resistant bedding.
This means you have to decide which is more important: protection from your cat’s claws or having a hairless bed.
I will point out some products which will do good for both needs but if your cat is extreme in shedding or scratching then you may have to give priority to one benefit over the other.
The main thing you want to look for is thread count and of course the type of the material the bedding is made of.
Best Cat Hair Resistant Sheets
I must tell you that searching for good, solid bed sheets (that are cat hair proof on top of it) turned out to be a LOT harder than I ever imagined it would be. There are so many choices but once you start reading what people are saying in their reviews almost immediately the products fall off. If I wouldn’t buy it I would also not recommend it. So, in the end, it came down to these sheets shown below, each was very carefully chosen after reading hundreds of reviews and especially paying attention to their quality and ability to repel cat hair (cat claws were also considered).
So here are the best bed sheets for cat owners:
What Is The Best Cat Hair Proof Fabric?
You need tightly woven materials which don’t allow pet hair to lodge between the weaves. Here are the best ones:
When checking if a fabric is good you need to be aware of a trick that sellers use: everybody knows that higher thread count means higher quality material so the manufacturers artificially increase this number. This is the general rule: anything above 300 thread count is most likely false count when it comes to cotton material.
This is done by using multi-ply yarns instead оf single-ply yarns which creates false thread count. For example, 600 tc is achieved by using cheaper 3-ply yarns (3 x 200=600) instead of the good quality single-ply yarn. So in reality the fabric is 200 tc although it is advertised as a 600 tc fabric.
So a 300 tc natural cotton fabric is truly the one you need.
The best type of weave for cotton is percale weave: a tight weave which helps your bedding resist cat fur, it lasts longer and gives you a crisp feel.
100% Cotton Bed Sheet Set
These 100% cotton sheets are something I would recommend to all cat (and dog) owners. They are the perfect 400 thread 100% Long Staple Cotton It doesn’t get any higher quality than these sheets!
This is what you will enjoy if you decide to get these sheets:
- Very comfortable and soft sheets
- Crisp and airy
- Machine washable for easy pet fur removal
- OEKO TEX CERTIFIED – meaning they are free of toxic chemicals, eco friendly, chemical free
- Deep pocket for fitted sheets – up to 15″
I honestly believe these are the best possible sheets to get if you are a pet owner: they will provide a good, refreshing night’s sleep and strongly resist your pet’s scratches or fur.
Anti Cat Hair Cotton Sheet Set
This is a percale cotton sheet set – which means the very best cotton sheets you can get for not attracting pet hair. They are also 100% cotton. Check out all the great things you will enjoy with these sheets:
- Lightweight sheets which get super soft after washing
- Best sheets to keep you cool on hot summer nights
- You can choose your favorite color as they come in a variety of colors and sizes
- Give you a very comfortable sleep
- Crisp – I think that one of the best feelings in life is getting into bed with a crunchy feel of the sheets, it just feels so fresh and clean
- Breathable – cotton is a famous material for this feature
- Very reasonable price
- Absolutely the best material to not have cat hair in your bed every night!
Microfiber Or Microsuede
This is arguable, but in my personal experience, I’ve had great results with microfiber blankets and cat hair so I’ve decided to include this material here.
These are synthetic fabrics that are very tightly woven which makes them pet friendly. The best thing about microfiber is that it is also claw resistant (there is no texture for their claws to grab on) which makes it the “golden” material for cat owners to use in their home.
Another great thing about microfiber is that it is very affordable.
I personally have a microfiber blanket over my bed sheet: it feels like heaven, my cat doesn’t scratch it and so far (3 weeks in) no cat hair – in contrast to my keyboard and my sweater, they are full of cat hair.
I love how it has a non-standard print: pink and white hearts and it was cheap!
Bamboo And Microfiber Mix Bed Sheets That Don’t Attract Pet Hair
As expected this mix of 40% Rayon (man-made fiber, in this case, derived from Bamboo) and 60% brushed microfiber does not attract cat hair and is easy to clean. Here is a review that confirms it.
As I am going through the reviews I am finding more and more evidence that these sheets are truly excellent for cat owners. Here is another review I would like to emphasize because it describes exactly the abilities of these sheets regarding cat hair.
These are the main benefits you get from these sheets:
- The fibers are long, strong and soft and experts consider them to be among the best, if not the very best
- The fibers produce extra fine threads which can be woven into high thread count material (which means the sheets are soft and they get softer which each wash)
- No piling
- Cost effective -these sheets are not cheap but they last long so if you factor in the years you’ll be using them in long term they are less expensive than the cheaper sheets. If you add all the other benefits you will easily see how they are worth the investment
Best Sheets For Cat Hair Made of Egyptian Cotton
These are 800 thread count, 100% Egyptian cotton high quality sheets. I really had to dig to find them among the plethora of sheets being offered.
They come in lots of colors so you can choose your favorite one. They also have a sateen weave which makes them smooth and a bit shiny.
On top of all the above benefits, you will also get sheets with deep pockets, thick, dense, heavy and soft.
Bamboo And Eucalyptus Sheets
Besides being great among the best pet hair resistant fabrics bamboo and eucalyptus are also naturally anti-microbial fabrics which makes them a perfect choice for cat/pet owners.
Cat Hair Proof Sheets Made Of Bamboo
This is all the proof you need to read that these sheets perform great with cat hair.
Here are the major benefits you’ll get from these sheets as described by customers:
- The sheets have a silky texture and it’s a great pleasure to feel them
- They are super soft, comfortable and feel luxurious (cashmere-soft bamboo rayon sheets)
- They fit deep pockets (one customer described they fit her 18″ deep mattress perfectly)
- They keep you warm in winter and cool in summer (this is the main characteristic of a natural bamboo material)
- They are hypoallergenic for those with allergies
- Prevent night sweats
- Made of certified organic, sustainable & pesticide-free bamboo forests
- Best at adapting to your body temperature
- Odor and stain-resistant sheets for cat owners
- The sheets have gone through anti-wear treatment that adds durability and prevents pilling
- They come with a gift pouch (I love this one 🙂 )
Eucalyptus Sheets – Great Cat Hair Resistant Bedding
Eucalyptus is another great fabric cat hair won’t stick to. Here is proof what one customer noticed about cat hair on eucalyptus bed sheets.
Going through the reviews written by people who bought them here are the main characteristics:
- Very soft and the optimal softness is achieved after a few washes
- Light and super comfortable, great for summer
- Smooth like silk
- Cool on the hot nights and warm on the cold
- Perfect sheets for allergies prone people
Something I have also noticed is this:
- They wrinkle after washing and generally wrinkle easily so if you really hate ironing they may not be a good choice for you
Best Comforter for Cat Owners
Cat hair tends to weave itself into the fibers so the tighter the knit of the material is the better it will perform with cat hair. Besides the tight-knit, you also need a material that is easy to wash and can endure lots of machine washing.
Silk and sateen are absolutely the best materials for repelling cat hair but as we all know our furry loves have a thing called nails so you can guess what will happen if you let them near these materials.
I am extremely against animal cruelty so I will not recommend down comforters here although they are extremely good comforters BUT you never know if the down was ethically collected – I tend to think it was probably not no matter what the product claims.
If you need to choose a comforter that is perfect for resisting cat hair then what you really need is 100% pure cotton. It is the best material that satisfies the two biggest enemies of bedding when you have a cat – cat hair and cat claws.
Pure 100% cotton is not prone to gather static electricity which means it will not attract cat hair as much as synthetics. You want to avoid acrylic (plastic) materials – they are a cat-hair magnet.
As cotton is a natural fabric it is also breathable and can be machine washed.
Cat Hair Proof Comforter – Made From Organic Cotton
Anti Cat Hair Comforter – Down Alternative Comforter with 100% Cotton Cover
Pet Hair Resistant Comforter – 100% Egyptian Cotton Cover
I would have suggested linen which is great for cat hair but horrible material for cat claws, so I would not recommend linen fabric for cat owners.