This post may contain affiliate links for products I recommend, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not change the price you would pay.
Cats and trees – it’s a natural thing! I mean look at all the things trees provide for our beloved little friends:
- a shelter from predators
- a safe place to sleep (cats love heights)
- a quick hideaway – especially from dogs in the cities
- a peaceful place to observe the environment
- a natural scratching post
As a loving cat owner, you would probably want your cat to have and experience this awesome natural object in your own home.
Of all the things you could provide for your cat a cat tree that looks like a real tree is something that you know you can’t make a mistake with.
Your cat is bound by instincts to love a tree shaped cat tree!
I know when I buy my cat something, there is always this doubt whether she will like it or not – because cats are so weird as we know! But with a cat tree that mimics a real tree – no doubts there, it’s a guaranteed love 🙂
So below I’ve included the best real tree looking cat trees and the most awesome DIY cat tree that looks like a tree I’ve found on Pinterest – in case you would want to make one yourself (click here for the DIY section).
An Amazing Natural Looking Cat Tree
This is truly an extraordinary cat tree that will not only be a perfect replacement for a real tree but it will also be a great home decoration. You get both a cat tree and an artificial home plant that you don’t have to maintain and that will look so amazing in your home.
Here are the technical characteristics of this lovely cat tree:
- It can hold a cat that is maximum 32 pounds (people have used it with multiple cats but you have to be aware of their weight)
- 5 feet approximate height (suitable for big apartments, if you live in a small apartment, like I do, check the cat tree below this one)
- This cat tree has three levels: 3 carpeted perches 24, 22 and 18 inches in diameter
- The base is square, 24 inches and covered with artificial turf
- It is made from pressed wood, carpet and artificial leaves – so not only does it look like a real tree but it IS made of a real tree – which adds to its authenticity
Here is a quick summary of all the verified purchase reviews to help you decide if this is the right cat tree for you (and your cat):
- Cats absolutely loved this tree and these are the most often used words to describe the tree
- The leaves provide a perfect hiding place for a cat and the artificial grass on the base serves as a great scratching place (if your cat scratches your carpet this may be a perfect solution)
- The tree provides exercise (by climbing and jumping on it) for your cat as well as a place to chill and nap
- Your cat will still be entertained and get to experience nature inside the security of your home
- Provide a favorite hiding place for your cat: it will be high and undercover, everything cats love
- The leaves are pet-safe and non-toxic
- Some have decided to use it instead of a traditional Christmas tree – and I think that’s a great idea, just put on some ornaments and tinsels around it and you have solved the infamous Christmas tree and cat problem
- Some buyers had issues with assembling the tree and getting it to be stable and sturdy but this may be due to improper assembly. Some had no problems putting it together and some struggled. However, since everybody’s cats loved the tree so much, lots of those with issues did some improvements on their own and the tree eventually worked great. ote that you will also receive instructions with the package.
- The tree trunk is plastic so it could be improved in this area (still cats will absolutely love it)
- Warning: if your cat likes to chew on things since the leaves are artificial it may lead to some unwanted consequences. Most cats should be fine as I don’t think the leaves are tasty enough to be eaten but if your cat is a chewer and biter you may reconsider getting this product. Older cats should be more aware that the leaves are not eatable but with young kittens, this may (or may not depending on the cat) be an issue.
If you like this realistic cat tree you can also check this version with round base – I personally love having round shapes in my home, they soften things and look more “warm”.
Cat Condo That Looks Like A Tree
(Suitable For Small Apartments Too)
This is the smaller version of the above tree (so all the descriptions from above apply, with an exception for the height) and if you live in a small apartment then this is the perfect choice for you.
I just realized they also have these cat trees with leaves in different colors, like in plum autumn or in fall or in summer colors, so you can really make your home look unique. I really suggest you check them out – they are truly unique cat trees. In my opinion, this is such a perfect product both for your home and your cat.
This small realistic tree is also a good idea for an older cat or a lazy cat, just one level of a perch will satisfy their needs perfectly fine.
Cat Shelves With Leaves
This is not exactly a tree but you can build an artificial cat tree on the wall with these cat shelves with leaves. This is an excellent idea if you lack space in your home or if you want to give your cat some additional fun on a space that is usually not used.
Realistic Looking Cat Tree
Here is a great cat tree that actually looks like a tree – a very good match for a natural looking cat tree. I love how the bottom is actually fake grass so the cat can enjoy the extra “nature” in the home.
So here are the main features:
- The tree has a double platform for a cat to jump up and down. As you can see the shape of the platforms is rounded which adds to the overall soft look
- The 2 upper platforms are covered with a soft carpet-like material to enable a comfortable cat nap
- It has a wooden frame made of CARB-certified pine wood which is attached to a 1.2″ thick base. t has 4 scratching posts with sisal rope (I have 2 scratchers for my cat and she only scratches the one with sisal rope so I think sisal is the preferred scratching material for cats)
Overall it’s a cute little addition for your cat and your home. I am sure it will provide your cat hours of joy and play, with all the platforms, scratchers and leaves to hide in before it “surprise jumps” on you.
Use Garlands And Fake Leaves – The Cheapest Solution
As I researched realistic cat trees for indoors I saw a lot of normal cat trees that basically have garlands wrapped around them. This is a very good idea to put in use so if you already have a standard cat tree I suggest you try adding fake leaves to it and see if that will be good enough. Here are some fake leaves you can use for this purpose:
This is just one example, there are many gorgeous garlands and you can choose one that you like best so go and check around.
This is a solution that will save you so much money and you will still get that real tree look of your cat tree.
Tree Like Cat Tower
This really looks like a mini garden inside a room. With all the platforms and tunnels your cat will enjoy this tree very much and you’ll get a visually appealing cat tree with leaves.