This post may have affiliate links, please check the full disclosure on this post.
Cats and trees – it’s a natural thing! I mean look at all the things trees provide for our beloved little friends:
- a shelter from predators
- a safe place to sleep (cats love heights)
- a quick hideaway – especially from dogs in the cities
- a peaceful place to observe the environment
- a natural scratching post
As a loving cat owner, you would probably want your cat to have and experience this awesome natural object in your own home.
Of all the things you could provide for your cat a cat tree that looks like a real tree is something that you know you can’t make a mistake with.
Your cat is bound by instincts to love a tree shaped cat tree!
I know when I buy my cat something, there is always this doubt whether she will like it or not – because cats are so weird as we know! But with a cat tree that mimics a real tree – no doubts there, it’s a guaranteed love 🙂
So below I’ve included the best real tree looking cat trees and the most awesome DIY cat tree that looks like a tree I’ve found on Pinterest – in case you would want to make one yourself (click here for the DIY section).
An Amazing Natural Looking Cat Tree
This is truly an extraordinary cat tree that will not only be a perfect replacement for a real tree but it will also be a great home decoration. You get both a cat tree and an artificial home plant that you don’t have to maintain and that will look so amazing in your home. I have to show right away what I’m talking about:
Here are the technical characteristics of this lovely cat tree:
- It can hold a cat that is maximum 32 pounds (people have used it with multiple cats but you have to be aware of their weight)
- 5 feet approximate height (suitable for big apartments, if you live in a small apartment, like I do, check the cat tree below this one)
- This cat tree has three levels: 3 carpeted perches 24, 22 and 18 inches in diameter
- The base is square, 24 inches and covered with artificial turf
- It is made from pressed wood, carpet and artificial leaves – so not only does it look like a real tree but it IS made of a real tree – which adds to its authenticity
Here is a quick summary of all the verified purchase reviews to help you decide if this is the right cat tree for you (and your cat):
Let me add another picture of this tree because I love so much how it looks inside a home:
Cat Condo That Looks Like A Tree
(Suitable For Small Apartments Too)
This is the smaller version of the above tree (so all the descriptions from above apply, with an exception for the height) and if you live in a small apartment then this is the perfect choice for you.
I just realized they also have these cat trees with leaves in different colors, like in plum autumn or in fall or in summer colors, so you can really make your home look unique. I really suggest you check them out – they are truly unique cat trees. In my opinion, this is such a perfect product both for your home and your cat.
This small realistic tree is also a good idea for an older cat or a lazy cat, just one level of a perch will satisfy their needs perfectly fine.
Cat Tree That Looks Real
This is not exactly a tree but you can build an artificial cat tree on the wall with these cat shelves with leaves. This is an excellent idea if you lack space in your home or if you want to give your cat some additional fun on a space that is usually not used.
Realistic Looking Cat Tree
Here is a great cat tree that actually looks like a tree – a very good match for a natural looking cat tree. I love how the bottom is actually fake grass so the cat can enjoy the extra “nature” in the home.
So here are the main features:
- The tree has a double platform for a cat to jump up and down. As you can see the shape of the platforms is rounded which adds to the overall soft look
- The 2 upper platforms are covered with a soft carpet-like material to enable a comfortable cat nap
- It has a wooden frame made of CARB-certified pine wood which is attached to a 1.2″ thick base. This construction ensures overall stability as can be verified with testimonials from satisfied buyers (real images included)
- It has 4 scratching posts with sisal rope (I have 2 scratchers for my cat and she only scratches the one with sisal rope so I think sisal is the preferred scratching material for cats)
Even if you have 7 cats they will all love it as I read here 🙂
Overall it’s a cute little addition for your cat and your home. I am sure it will provide your cat hours of joy and play, with all the platforms, scratchers and leaves to hide in before it “surprise jumps” on you.
Use Garlands And Fake Leaves – The Cheapest Solution
As I researched realistic cat trees for indoors I saw a lot of normal cat trees that basically have garlands wrapped around them. This is a very good idea to put in use so if you already have a standard cat tree I suggest you try adding fake leaves to it and see if that will be good enough. Here are some fake leaves you can use for this purpose:
This is a solution that will save you so much money and you will still get that real tree look of your cat tree.
Wall Mounted Cat Tree With Plants
This wall mounted cat tree has real plants incorporated in its structure so I thought it would be good to include it in this collection – in case someone wants a cat tree that is truly unique, visually very pleasing to look at, space-saving and a great playground for a cat.
I have already written about its characteristics in another post (obviously I love it so much that I had to include it in multiple posts) so you can check it here:
Fake Tree Cat Tree
Cat Tree Houses That Look Like Trees
Real Looking Cat Tree
Cat Tree Cactus