This post may contain affiliate links for products I recommend, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not change the price you would pay.
If you have ever tried to use a hairdryer on a cat you know what a struggle it is. A cat will fight for its life in the process!
A cat’s fur is a very important part of its health-protecting mechanism and that is why cats avoid getting it wet in nature.
For the above reason, you should always preserve the dry state of your cat’s fur as much as possible (especially if you bathe your cat often). This may be obvious to know but oh so very hard to practice 🙂
The drying process may be easier with kittens as they are smaller and easier to handle (a highly absorbent towel may be sufficient for them), but with a grown cat I would definitely recommend getting a specially designed hair dryer for cats.
These hair dryers are quiet and designed to reduce the stress in your cat when drying its fur. Having one will definitely make your life easier.
Here I have researched the quietest hair dryer for cats so check below which ones made the top selection.
Portable Quiet Hair Blow Dryer For Cats
We all know cats clean themselves (I always marvel how God created such a perfect creature for us) but when you let your cat outside and the weather is bad you definitely want to clean and dry your cat in the best way possible. Here is a nice little gadget that will provide a big help in doing so:
So if you’ve been wondering if you can use a blow dryer on a cat then the answer is yes – but you need a quiet one that won’t scare your cat. Check what this iPetite cat fur dryer can do for you and your cat:
- It is specially designed for drying and grooming at the same time: it has a slicker brush attached to the top so you can comb your cat at the same time while using the blow dryer. The brush has 2 versions: it comes with a narrow gap and a wide gap. For a cat, you need the narrow gap which is designed for short and medium fur coat. Wonder if this will work on a cat? – check what this cat owner has to say about it (with real life images).
- A low temperature dryer for cats: it is intentionally made to produce lower temperature than a normal human hairdryer. This helps prevent scalds on your cat as well as overheating the animal. There are two levels of heating so you can adjust the perfect temperature as you need.
- A noiseless hair dryer : finally a fur dryer that your cat won’t be afraid of, here is a proof that this is really true
- Portable and easy on storage: lightweight and with compact size (so you can even put it in a travel bag if you need to).
- Warning: it may feel a bit bulky in your hand and you have to clean the brush as you are drying – but given all the other benefits and the affordable price it is very worth getting it.
Cute And Very Effective Cat Blow Dryer
The creators of this pet hair dryer have really considered the fact that animals get very scared of loud noise so sometimes the fur drying is mission impossible. They have engineered it on purpose to be quiet by putting noise reduction devices at air inlets:
- There is a silencing cover to reduce noise by 10%
- The external filter is specially designed for noise reduction
You really need to check this real life example to see how it really works and how quiet it really is. So here is what this pet dryer can do:
- It will dry the pet fur fast and easy, definitely faster than a regular hair dryer as it is created for animal fur
- You can use it for big dogs or cats as it has adjustable airflow
- It comes with 4 different nozzles as you can see on the image which is very useful for different types of fur blow. You can do different shapes on your pet – perfect for grooming
- You can finally achieve that professional fluffy look on your pet doing it yourself and in the comfort of your home. Not to mention the cost reduction of grooming your pet by yourself
- It comes in a cute pink color (you can get it in blue too but this would be my preferred choice)
The technical specifications which may be boring but a must to know when choosing a product of this kind:
- Output power: 2400W adjustable
- Voltage 110/120V
- 2 heating options
- Four layer noise reduction device at air inlets (being quiet would be my main concern when getting a pet hair dryer and this is very well covered)
- Adjustable airflow speed: 25M/S-60M/S
Effective, light, not too loud and portable hair dryer for cats – perfect for anyone who needs to bathe them often. It has an awesome price for a good working pet dryer. In my opinion this is the best combination of good quality product that will do the job and price. I would highly recommend you un-complicate your life by getting this useful pet hair dryer.
A Professional Cat Hair Dryer For Home
The most important thing about this pet dryer is that it is made with low noise technology. So although it looks big the noise will not be a problem and that is exactly what causes cats to be scared of.
This is a very strong cat hair dryer and I would suggest it if you have a cat with long hair like a persian cat, multiple cats or multiple pets in your home, like cats and dogs both. It will be of huge help during winter time when you need to bathe your animals.
One of the best features is that it dries really fast, most of the customers had their pet dry in under 30 minutes tops. It has 2 adjustable speeds, and even the lowest one is still stronger than a human hair dryer according customers, and 2 temperature adjustments.
The hose is made specially to be puncture resistant (with cat claws you may need this feature) and its flexibility is reinforced. The flexible hose allows you to move it all around your pet in an easy way and with a wiggling pet it’s very useful. Here are the specifications:
- Power: 2400W
- Voltage: 110V
- Air Speed : 25M/S – 50M/S
- Temperature : 30℃-75℃.
One thing to notice is that it can be used maximum of 10 minutes before giving it a break. This time is more than enough for a cat and most dogs. Even with the pauses it is still more powerful than a normal hair dryer and it will still get the job done faster because of its great power.
It comes with different extensions as you can see on the image for different types of drying depending on your needs. The funniest thing I read about this animal hair dryer is that someone used it to dry a horse 🙂 and the job was done in 30 minutes with the breaks.
If you have a long haired cat I think that this device will make your life so much easier. It is closets to a commercial hair dryer that you can have in your home for a reasonable price.
Premium Quiet Hair Dryer For Cats With Slicker and Pin Brush
( Nevermind the dog in the picture the hairdryer CAN be used on cats too 🙂 )
This one is a very pretty fur dryer for cats – and I am guessing it is made for women especially, that pink color suggests so. Let’s check out what it can do:
- The most important feature: it is quiet ! Trust me not but be convinced by this testimony from a satisfied user.
- A great time-saver: it allows you to dry and brush the fur at the same time
- It has 2 temperature settings: a lower one for preserving the skin and the fur and a higher one for fast drying
- Again I have to mention the very cute design: the top of the dryer is made in the form of a paw – something all pet lovers will appreciate. If you love showing off your pet to the world then this dryer will fit perfectly in those Instagram pictures or videos
- Flexible and replaceable parts: the body and brush can be separated from each other
- Adjustable air flow rate: this is for regulating wind intensity
Cat Dryer Box
A “cat oven” is definitely a very practical solution for drying a timid cat. You don’t even need any special dryer but you can use your own regular hair dryer.
As it is not hard to guess from the image, the drying process is performed by putting the cat in the box, closing the opened sides and from the bottom warm air flows and dries even hard-to-reach areas.
As the dryer is not directly pointed to the cat and the cat can’t really see the “scary” object the whole process will be less scary for the cat.
Another good point is that the cat doesn’t have anywhere to run so that’s one issue solved – no more under bed hiding when it comes to drying after bath.
The box prevents cat hair from flying around which cat owners will certainly appreciate (we all know how hard is to vacuum all that annoying cat hair from the carpet).
The box is foldable and portable which makes it easy for storing and suitable for traveling.
Definitely a very well thought out product to help you dry your cat as smooth as possible.