This post may contain affiliate links for products I recommend, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This does not change the price you would pay.
Having a cat at home is one of the sweetest things in life but that also means having a pair of paws full of little sharp nails – that can cause a lot of damage to the home if left on their own.
I’ve been lucky in life to have a cat that is surprisingly disciplined – she only uses the cat scratcher by my couch, but I know not all cats have the same character.
If it happens that your cat loves to scratch your sofa then this is a habit hard to break – it seems that when a cat sets its mind to something it’s a struggle to break this habit.
Sectional sofas are not cheap furniture, mainly due to their size so protecting one from all kinds of damages is a smart thing to do that will pay off in the long run. It is really impractical to buy a new sectional sofa every 2 or 3 years.
If you are a cat owner then you have to pay special attention to protecting your sectional sofa from a cat. This is most easily achieved by getting good quality sectional sofa covers that will make your sectional sofa cat proof.
Since there is a plethora of sectional couch covers out there, research is required on what are the best sectional couch covers for cats, and for me, as a cat owner, it’s been quite interesting finding them.
Check what I have found below in this post, some really practical and beautiful sectional couch covers so I hope you’ll enjoy them.
Velvet Sectional Sofa Protector for Cats
When having cats using velvet in the home s a very good idea. Actually, velvet is a magical material for homes with cats.
The reason velvet is excellent for cats is that its surface is smooth, with no raised weaves or loose threads, so cat’s claws have nothing to snatch. That is why cats usually don’t even bother to groom their nails on a velvet covered things.
I’ve read so many people absolutely loving velvet as a way to cat proof furniture and I can honestly recommend it, definitely one of the best cat proof material that exists (and is affordable).
Here are in short some great benefits of choosing velvet cover as your sectional couch cover:
- Velvet feels great, its surface is so soft, smooth and pleasant
- It gives your sofa a rich and luxurious look
- The velvet produced today is very durable to fading or marking
- Easy to clean and maintain (in most cases you only need a cloth and warm soapy water)
So the sectional sofa protector for cats shown in the image above is a great choice for anyone keeping a cat at home. It wasn’t hard finding real life testemonials for it and here is a great review (with picture) from a very satisfied multiple cat owner. How the little kid described the softness of the material will melt your heart!
I believe there is nothing more convincing than real people commenting on a great product they bought so I have selected another proof that this cover will truly protect your sectional sofa from cat scratches.
Another very positive point is that cat fur comes off fairly easy from a velvet surface and this is so important as I am convinced that your cat will love curling on the soft surface of this cover. I just had to include this review with the cutest dog included – you have to check that perfect cute face. If this dog owner finds it easy to remove fur from the cover then you can be assured that your cat has far less fur and you won’t have to struggle to get it out of the cover.
Velvet Sectional Sofa Covers For Cats
If you need a good quality, thick cover for your sectional sofa then this is one of the best options.
What I really like about these covers is that this is actually not a set but all the pieces are sold separately. This means that you really have flexibility in choosing what you need and how you combine the pieces according to your own needs. This certainly saves you money and nerves, as we all know a sectional sofa is a bit difficult to cover as they may differ in size and design.
This also means that you can use the cover pieces for all kinds of furniture like couches, loveseats, chairs and recliners.
Another great feature is that the covers are backed with an anti-slip layer, which provides a nonslip grippy surface on the back. For someone having pets at home, this is very important as it ensures that you won’t have to constantly fix the covers – and this can become truly annoying over time. These covers will save you from that boring task.
A few cat owners have protected their furniture from hairball incidents thanks to the thickness of these velvet covers. This proves that small amounts of liquids will not soak through to the sectional sofa like throw-ups or hairball incidents.
Something that will make cat owners very happy is the fact that these sectional sofa covers provide very good protection from cat hair. I like to back my claims with solid proof so here is a good one.
Don’t even doubt that this thickness will let even the tiniest scratch on your sectional sofa! Absolutely perfect covers to protect from cat claws as you can see from here or from here and the shortest possible proof here.
Besides being cat proof sectional sofa covers they are also very soft and comfortable and in this one case guests loved using them as blankets! So if you want comfort and protection these covers are a great choice.
Besides being very practical these cat proof sectional sofa covers look really good and there are different colors to match your home colors.
Also maintenance is very easy, whether to spot clean or just wash them in a washing machine – as stated here “hold up well in the washer and dryer”.
As a cat owner myself, I think this is a truly great and affordable way to protect your sectional sofa from your cat (or dog). The covers have many great features with great real life testemonials so you won’t make a mistake by choosing them.
Waterproof Sectional Couch Covers for Pets
As you can tell I’ve used a bit of creativity here: I could not find a full waterproof sectional sofa cover so I included something that I know is 100% waterproof: a waterproof couch cover from the Mambe brand.
What you can do is combine this piece for your sectional sofa with other pieces to achieve full coverage (and a cat will wet only the sitting part of the sofa) so if you need a sectional waterproof cover then my research shows that this is the best option.
First of all, the Mambe waterproof blankets are known for their true ability to be leakproof. There are so many positive experiences and reviews that you can be absolutely sure that this claim is true. And finding a really water-resistant couch cover is not easy as many products can not deliver although they claim to be waterproof.
Let me introduce you to all the great abilities and characteristics of this sofa cover:
- The design has an internal waterproof barrier covered with microfleece on both sides (here is a quick overview of a microfeece material)
- Superior ability to be water resistant sectional couch cover, there are so many testemonials and it was hard separating a few, but here is what I’ve chosen:
- this lady had a large L shaped sectional sofa and in her own words was “extremely happy” that she finally decided to purchase the Mambe cover, check her review here
- the problem of cat urine has been successfully solved and this even on a white sofa!
- another thrilled buyer expressing the excellent experience with these waterproof sectional sofa blankets
- these leak proof blankets give you a stylish, all-in-one solution for protecting your sofa from liquid leaks (including cat vomit, hairball accidents, cat pee, accident spills of drinks on the sofa and even body fluids), you can peacefully rest knowing your expensive sectional sofa will be preserved from stains
- It doesn’t make annoying crinkly sounds, it’s very quiet – a quality that puts it above other noisy waterproof blankets
- There are different color combinations and a range of 10 sizes so you can find your perfect fit
- If you hate having to deal with layers then this blanket will enable you to simpy wash the top covering layer after a wetting incident – which means less work for you 🙂
- The blanket has a comfortable soft and smoth surface, it is thick and durable and also cat claw proof
- As the washing aspect is very important you need to know that since the blanket is waterproof it gets heavy when soaked with water and takes longer to dry. If you get the big size some buyers recommended commercial laundry but also many people were satified with home washing: check a few useful instructions here
- Please note that while it is proven to be waterproof it is not exactly odor proof but this can be solved by using enzyme when washing like this one
Overall a Mambe blanket is a perfect waterproof pet furniture cover for sectionals, it will protect you without a doubt from any kind of leak and is an absolute champion in doing this job.
I have another post dedicated only to the waterproof sofa covers for cat owners, you can take a look if this might interest you.
Large Sectional Couch Covers For Pets
This is the largest sectional sofa cover I have found and if you have problems matching your sectional with a cover you may give this one a try. It’s pretty much like a blanket and you can shape it according to the design of your sectional sofa.
The material it is made of is faux suede microfiber fabric and here is why this is a very good material for cat owners (or dog owners):
- the big throw will protect your sectional from cat hair, it is easy to shake the hair off and after a wash it will be hair free as you can see from here
- besides cat hair it will also protect from cat claws, check how it works here
- protect from dirty little paws as well (if you have an outdoor cat)
Of course, this free-style cover is not a perfect fit but you can tuck it in a few places to make it look as best as possible. But what it lacks in the overall look department is easily overcome by the fact that inexpensive covers for sectionals are difficult to find.
If the outlook really bothers you the cover is easily removed for when guests arrive. This is another good point of this product: it is relatively easy to put on and off and for people who are a bit lazy or bored with chores (like me) this is a great choice.
The fabric is thick, durable and washable, it is recommended to cold wash it and cool dry it. No complaints from the washing of this sectional throw cover from people so all works well here.
I wanted to include a review with real-life pictures so you can get a feel of what it would look like so here is one.
My Puffy loves washed, clean-smelling covers and rugs, here she is immersing herself in my freshly washed kitchen rug: